
A couple weeks ago (Yes, I know I am behind in blogging *sigh*) we decided to take the family to the Heart of Texas Fair in Waco. Our kids LOVE to go to fairs...well...most fairs anyways (They haven't QUITE forgiven me for the "P" fair--they decided that the Pocatello Fair didn't even qualify as a full-fledged fair on THAT "Mom Mis-Adventure" so it will forever be nicknamed as the "P" fair LOL! I guess it wasn't quite as exciting as the Puyallup Fair in Washington--which was HUGE!!!)
Don't they look THRILLED to be here? Okay...maybe it wasn't QUITE as big as I thought it would be! Smile...it could be worse guys!

After walking around the fair...which I admit...we covered in about 45 minutes...I broke my own rule...we NEVER buy ride tickets! (Steven worked traveling carnivals for awhile in Maryland and isn't thrilled with them--plus they are $$$$$$!) I offered to buy a ride pass for the kids. Stevie JUMPED on that one (He loves rides) but the girls said NO! That meant Steven got to be his "ride buddy!" I am not sure he was real thrilled with that! He decided after several rides...he is not as young as he once was! LOL!

Don't they look COOOOOL waiting for the rollercoaster to start??

You HAVE to click on the picture above to see the look of sheer terror on Stevie's face...I don't think he enjoyed this ride very much--he only rode it once!

They look very happy getting into the ride above...after it was a different story--It was a little train that went around and around the oval track as the track spun also--Steven got off pretty green!!

They both liked the slide! Stevie went on several more rides by himself after Dad "wimp'd out" He had a blast riding the UFO and other fun rides--he definately got his use out of his wristband!
And what do you do at a fair? EAT!!! That's one of the most fun things to do (and one of the most expensive *sigh*) We had to get all the favorites...Cotton Candy, Foot-Long Corn Dogs, Funnel Cakes, Lemonade...We just shared them so everone got a taste...and Dad didn't go totally broke!

They had this fun building that had all kinds of things kids could do...bubble stations, BIG building blocks, a giant marble toy, and lots more! We spent lots of time in there playing!



Steven volunteered at the Hypnotist show to go up on stage...this is about how far he got. Unfortunately he didn't get to go completely under...and cluck like a chicken or bark like a dog *grin* We just teased him that he liked doing it because the girl next to him had such a low-cut shirt! They sent him back to his seat right after this shot!
Can you believe I lived in Idaho growing up...and had never been to a rodeo?? We were so tired after rides, games, food and fun...we decided to go sit down awhile at the rodeo. We watched all the fun events...our favorite was the "Calf Scramble" They take a whole group of girls...put them in the middle of the area and then let a bunch of calves loose. The girls have to catch the calf...which sounds easier that it was! My favorite was the girl in the picture below--she caught the calf by the tail and would not let go...but then couldn't get ahold of it to put the halter on and bring it to the center to get the prize! It was so funny!



It was a fun day! Very long and exhausting...but lots of fun memories!
2 comments:
Well, of course nothing compares to "Do The Puyallup"
LOVED THIS!! I LOVED your hubby's shirt about getting along with people! THAT IS SO FUNNY. THe pic of Stevie is CLASSIC. Looks like it was a great time!
Post a Comment