So...the kids and I decorated for Christmas this week. I have to say, this was the QUICKEST we have EVER decorated. It had to have taken us a whole...oh...ten minutes. *sigh* When we moved here last year, we THOUGHT we were retiring and decided to leave behind all our Christmas decorations (since we would be home by now!) Silly us!
The only box that made it with us was a small box that held some of our advent calendars. Now you gotta understand--we LOVE Christmas! We have boxes and keepers and more boxes of decorations. You know the ones you hate on your street because they have soooooo many decorations everywhere? That's us! I even have Christmas dishes! Steven has the machine that makes all his outdoor airport landing lights--I mean decorative lights--play in tune to Christmas carols LOL! We got the Christmas fever BAD!!
Anyways, I talked to the kids, and we have decided we really don't want to buy a bunch of decorations--since we already have more than any one family should be allowed to have--so...we are just going to make do with what we have.
This is our tree (below). It is over six feet tall--rotates on it's base and normally has over 400 ornaments (most made by friends) that cover every single branch. *grin*

Something is just NOT right with this picture *sigh* This is our "tree" This year LOL Kimmy found some little ornaments and decorated her cactus she keeps in her bedroom window *grin* Somedays you just have to have a sense of humor!!
At first it really did bother me that I didn't have my stuff...but as time goes on...we are learning to make new traditions this year. When we are all together again as a family, we will be able to put up our tree, put out all my nativities (I collect them), cover the house with lights and everything else, but we will probably still reminisce about the year we had the cactus tree!
2 comments:
I want to hear about the traditions you are creating this year.
love, mom
Kimmy -- love the Christmas Cactus!
Les had a cactus however being ocd he felt he needed to actually water it-regularly. I didn't think that you could really kill a cactus.
Post a Comment