Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home...





...or...Where the heck has Heidi been? She hasn't posted in FOREVER!!! LOL!

I know...I know...as I am reminded SO often...my blog is really out of date lately! I got out of the habit while I was down with my foot and I keep MEANING to update it...I just never get to it! So pretend today is January 1st and this is my resolution! I have to get back in the habit!

Steven came home for R&R in June for two weeks and it was WONDERFUL!! We had lots of fun just being together as a FAMILY! It is sooooo much nicer to see them in person than just on a webcam! (although the web cam is DEFINATELY an improvement since the first time he went to Iraq during Desert Shield/Storm!!) It was SO much fun to go to the airport and pick him up. I felt like a teenager getting ready for a date LOL! "Is my hair okay?" "Does this outfit look okay?" "Will he still think I am beautiful?" I think I drove the kids nuts! Needless to say...he liked what he saw! I love that man!

I took a ton of fun pictures of our days of playing...and will try to post a few more here and there! (Yes, mom...this is mostly for you...I know you LOVE the pictures!) The kids were very excited to have their cameras they got for their birthdays. Kimmy's birthday isn't until January...guess what she wants? We'll have more pictures of every event than any family should EVER have! Now I need to find the time to scrapbook a few of them!

2 comments:

Sister Snoopy said...

I'm so glad to see you blogging again!

That last photo brought tears (of joy) to my eyes.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Jess said...

yeah!! Pictures! And I'm just about as late reading them as you are posting :D Glad you had a good 4th and November is just around the corner... yeah!! miss you guys! Thanks for the fun games and workbooks.... I meant to get a thank you in the mail but I'm behind like always :*( But thank you, thank you.... we love them!!