Friday, May 7, 2010

My Compliments to the Chef!

If you hear: "Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun" what does that mean?? BIG MAC!! My kids love Big Mac's (and I gotta admit...their mom is pretty crazy about them too) I know...they are totally unhealthy and all that...but there is something about that Big Mac sauce that is just YUM! The kids always laugh at me because I tend to tie Big Mac into a lot of our homeschool lessons--mostly as a joke anymore though. It started during a boring lesson a few years ago...they were starting to get restless and I came out with some big story about "early explorers looking dilegently for...Big Macs" and the rest is homeschool history! It seems like one lesson or another ties into Big Macs quite often anymore! It has become the family joke *grin* Stevie has a speech coming up and decided he would do it on "Big Macs". I can't see a problem with it (his dad did a speech on "History of Pizza" and Kimmy did one on "Chocolate" in college) He's going to tell about the time his dad and I won free Big Macs at the store when Steven was able to recite the Big Mac jingle last year and then he decided to talk about trying to create his own Big Mac...so tonight was the "Quest for Big Macs!"

Shhhh...the secret sauce (according to "Top Secret Recipes") is Kraft Thousand Island Salad Dressing! It tasted pretty close to it *smile*


The finished product! Ours were a little taller--I think they use squishier buns--but we just squished them down after the picture!


The chef...in his "Guy Fieri Burger Eating Pose" Elbows out, mouth ready for that first BIG bite!

I'm Lovin It!

2 comments:

Robin Grant said...

Yum! You should post the recipe!

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

I love Big Macs! I am going to have to try this at home :)