Barbecue...what could be more Fourth of July-ish than that?? I think it is a tradition in our house to ALWAYS barbecue on the fourth! It's a MAN THING! This year I was kinda "blech" for the fourth. I really thought seriously about loading the family up and heading down to DC to watch the fireworks on the mall...but decided against it finally {sigh} Stevie and Steven had been at Boy Scout camp all week, then we played in DC all Saturday...and I knew if we did the fireworks too...tempers would flare! So...after a nice Sunday afternoon nap (that was MY contribution), the "Grill Sergeant" gave us a great barbecue meal of hot dogs, crab salad, cold watermelon and root beer floats! Yummy!!

We took the kids over to the local fireworks on base...which definately weren't the DC fireworks, but they were pretty good! I guess I had envisioned the activities prior to have more to do...but for some reason bounce houses and climbing walls just didn't appeal to them {grin} I thought there was supposed to be craft booths and other vendors--but mostly it was just food and a few carnival games. Oh well! We sat on the grass, people watching, until the fireworks FINALLY started!

A loooooooong time ago when we lived at Ft. Lewis, they handed out firework glasses. We LOVED them! They make total rainbows of the fireworks and really spoiled us for normal fireworks now. I have kept them all these years and keep pulling them out every year! (We also used to get really weird stares when we'd take them to laser shows in Texas!) They make for the COOLEST fireworks shows though! Everyone else is missing out!! This year I tried putting my glasses in front of the camera lens and came up with some fun photos!
1 comment:
We have the same glasses! They are awesome. Why didn't I think of using them with the camera. Your pictures are FANTASTIC. Seriously those are really cool. I've made my entire family look at them.
Post a Comment