
This is Grandpa in front of his military awards! The big picture on the table is of the WWII Memorial.
This is Grandpa in front of Grandma Dorothy's grave. I was glad Steven was able to take him to visit it.
This is a picture of Steven with his Grandpa. Kimberly has many memories of staying with Grandma and Grandpa while Steven and I would volunteer in Anapolis at Green Street making visuals for the school I volunteered. It gave them time with their grandkids--and me time away

This is Sandy Point State Park. It is only about five miles from Grandpa's apartment. I LOVED going to this beach!! The bridge is the distance is BEAUTIFUL!! I used to make Steven drive me back and forth across it just for fun! This is the park I got the WORST sunburn I have EVER had in my life. We did our annual "School Sneak" (we play the first day public schoolers go to school) to the beach. I didn't do a good job on sunscreen and was LOBSTER RED for about 4 days. I spent all my time laying in the chair covered with a sheet only and a fan running on me trying to cool off my legs! I am MUCH better about sunscreen now! LOL!
This was one of my FAVORITE people at the school I volunteered at! (Yes, I volunteered at a school my HOMESCHOOLED daughter didn't go to *sigh* I fell in love with the people and kept going even when I pulled her out to homeschool! And it was an unbelieveable number of hours too--I just loved working for them! LOL) Mrs. G. was the 4th grade teacher and ALWAYS had a smile--I always wished I would have had her for a teacher myself! I would go visit her every time I went into the school because I loved her so much!
This is Dr. R. and her husband. She was SUCH a nice person too! We always worked together to put on a career day at the school. She cared SO much about the kids--they were very lucky to have her. One time after a career day, Dr. R and her husband took the kids and I out for a concert in the park--I thought that was so sweet! Another year we went to and Irish festival and watched "Riverdance-style" dancing--Kimberly spent hours pretending to be an Irish dancer *grin* (Not that Kimmy would remember doing that now--or at least admit to it!)
Anyways...so here I sit looking at pictures of MY friends...that my handsome gets to visit *sigh* but I am glad he can at least give me updates on everyone. I have been so awful over the years losing track of people. I made him promise to give everyone my current information so maybe we can do a better job of keeping in touch! I miss them all!! I keep asking if we could maybe go back *grin* Who knows with the Army??!!


1 comment:
I wish that you lived back here also. I would be able to visit so much more. Maryland is not that far from NC. You would not hear me complain if you chose to move back. :) love Maggie
Post a Comment