Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mandatory Fun Day

The Army has a funny event called "Mandatory Fun Day". This is where you bring your family to an event because A) It's supposed to be fun and B) You get in trouble if you don't *sigh* In 19 years in the Army--we have yet to actually attend a FUN Mandatory Fun Day! This year was no different LOL! I admit, we were late...we were waiting for the housing people to come fix our toilet...but I think even if we had gotten there on time...It wouldn't have been more fun! This year it was held out at the lake. We were about an hour late for the picnic part--but knew there would still be food. I have learned from years past--I actually picked up a pizza for my kids--they rarely like the food. *smile* They had a few things--but they had really chosen odd foods for a family picnic! Me...I'm a hot dog/chips/watermelon kind of person--they had cheese trays (which melted in the 96° weather) veggie trays with olives, peppers, etc, polish sausages and other non-normal foods LOL! I was kinda grateful for that pre-pizza too! They didn't have any activities planned for the kids--so we just went and played down at the water. We hadn't taken any extra clothes--so it's a good thing I had some towels in the top of a box in the trunk! I think I will take my Wednesday Backyard BBQ's with my friends ANY DAY over a Company Mandatory Fun Day!!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Everyday is "mandatory fun day" at our house or my kids get in trouble!! LOL