Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SAY WHAT???

Okay...remind me here...wasn't it just 3 weeks ago my kids were THRILLED that they were on summer break (FINALLY)??? They were so sick of school they wanted to throw all their books away? Hmmmmm???

Today...I admit I am a little scatterbrained lately...was the first day of school according to Idaho (who we are doing our school via Idaho Virtual Academy--since we are Idaho Residents) I am NOT sure what I was thinking--I guess I equated our start date with the start date here in Texas...but we were NOT expecting today to be the DAY! I realized it after the kids went to bed last night.

Fast forward now...I wake the kids up thinking that they will be kicking, screaming, fighting, groaning (add any more words that are applicable here) about school starting. NOPE! I tell them that school starts and Missy is jumping up and down yelling "Goody...goody...goody!" and Stevie is THRILLED! He was "soooooooooo bored"??!! I had to take pictures of their happy faces!!



Me?? Well, I can't say I am THRILLED...but it is nice to get back into a routine. I ended up quickly cleaning up the school area and changing out the books (yes, I procrastinated and hadn't done anything with the old ones yet). I sat through a LONG online lecture from the kids' teachers and still got schoolwork completed with the kids! (Go mommy!)

After school was done for the day, I took the kids out for supper! I decided that *I* needed the treat even more than they did! *grin* We went to "Jack-in-the-Box" which is one of the kids favorites. Now it's DEFINATELY one of Stevie's favorites--they goofed our order and gave us an extra BIG hamburger! (Which they let us keep even after I pointed it out) What a treat for Stevie--that boy can EAT!!


Now we are back to our crazy homeschooling life again! Summer vacation was nice while it lasted *sigh*

No comments: