Friday, August 22, 2008

School Sneak 2008


We have a tradition in our homeschooling family. Every year when the public schoolers have to go back to school...we SNEAK off and play! We have had some GREAT sneaks over the years! Kimberly's 1st sneak was to the beach in Maryland--I got sunburned LOBSTER red and she got almost a whole week off school since I couldn't move. *sigh* We have been to zoos, Chuck E. Cheese, out to eat at various restaurants, shopping and more--but always lots of fun!

Well, Kimberly kind of messed that up for us this year! She starts college on the 1st day of school here in Texas. I guess we could have gone without her--but that wouldn't have been fun! Steven got a 1/2 day today so we decided to sneak a sneak in early! *smile* We surprised the kids and took them to a restaurant they had never been to before called "Buffet Palace" (Just the kind of place Stevie can eat out of business!) It has LOTS of different kinds of food--Korean, Japanese and Chinese (and even pizza!) My oriental-culture-loving-children were in heaven! They even all tried SUSHI!! (NOT mom!!) Missy LOVED it--said it was her favorite! Kimmy tried all the different kinds--brave soul! Stevie wasn't too thrilled with it--he made appropriate gross-out faces after finding out it was wrapped in seaweed. *grin*


We kept our waitress hopping...I think we had a whole dishwasher load all by ourselves! They had lots of fun things to try! She was a super-nice waitress and always had a smile on her face!


After lunch, we surprised the kids and took them to Gamestop. Usually I try to find an activity--but it is just too hot here still for this Idahoan girl! I decided a nice afternoon of gameboy time for the kids was a GREAT SNEAK activity! They each got to pick a new (well, used) gameboy game! Life was GREAT for them! Maybe when it cools down we will find something outdoors to do. I hope it cools down anyways!

All-in-all it was a GREAT day! We had good food, fun time together and now I get to enjoy the quiet that comes with happy kids up playing in their rooms!
This picture is for my sister who didn't know what crawfish was--don't they look yummy NOT! I am sorry--I just cannot make myself eat anything with legs and body parts looking up at me! (Make sure you click on the picture--to see them up CLOSE and personal!!)

This is one of the two statues out front of the restaurant. My kids are used to the "oh-take-a-picture-mom-will-want-to-scrapbook/blog-about-this" moments I put them through! Usually though I am sure Stevie would have been standing on the pedastal trying to have his picture with his finger up the statues nose if he hadn't been so hungry and wanting to get inside! (You can tell I have many pictures like that huh?)

This is Missy with her sushi---I am still having a hard time believing she was in love with it. Obviously she did not inherit my touchy stomach!


Having a hard time choosing what game to get! So many choices, so many decisions! There were a TON of games today at the Gamestop. I think people must have been selling back their games after summer vacation before school starts Monday--I have never seen that many games there before!

3 comments:

Sister Snoopy said...

Ahh...

Craw-dads. Remember them well.

I'm like you...

Blech!

Becky said...

My kids love Buffet Palace!!

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

Fun, my kids love that place, I think they mainly like to gross me out!