Monday, September 8, 2008

DEATH BY POWERPOINT!!


UGH!! Tonight was our mandatory pre-deployment briefing...can I say "YAWWWWWWN"??? Good grief--a zillion different speakers all talking very fast--flipping through powerpoint presentations as fast as they can--so you really can't write anything down anyways. After the first 5 or 6 you watch people starting to zone. The lady next to us was flipping her starbucks cup in the air and trying to catch it :) All that was said probably could have been summed up in a couple handouts and a short meeting. The ones that really want the information will find it--the ones that don't probably were the ones playing on their cellphones and sneaking the ipods in. Me??? I picked up the information off the tables--most of which I had already from ordering it on onesource or looking at the websites available. I wrote down a few dates and spent time designing new cards in my notebook. *smile* Steven??? Well, he spent time resting his eyes *grin* What a LOOOOOONG night! At least I got supper out of it--Steven took me to Wendy's after (YEAH!!) You would think with having the meeting at 6:00 we could have at least had snack foods *grin* That's where our church has them beat--we can't have a meeting without at least having refreshments of some kind! They could learn a few things from us! Check on one another through visiting teaching, offer activities for the families, newsletters and calendars are a great idea, and feed people if they come out!

2 comments:

Sister Snoopy said...

I had a class like that tonight! They printed out the slides and I'd read it through within fifteen minutes. *sigh*

*YAWN*

Becky said...

When we had ours, it was 100 degrees out and the air conditioner was broken in the building we were in. They tried to talk fast to get us out of there, but the time would've been better spent just handing out the handouts and letting us get out of there!