Friday, September 5, 2008

I'll Take One of Each Please...


...I am SUCH a hoarder of ideas! I cannot believe how many things I have filed away over the years--I think we moved 5000 lbs of paper! This realization started this week as I have been trying to transfer files off the old computer. I went to do something with the new computer--and realized I don't have a floppy drive!


How far we have come...my first computer I had to program forever just to make a ball bounce around the screen. It was a VIC 20 that I bought from someone--I think it was a sister. All I could do with it was make noises, color changes on the screen, etc. Shortly after that was the TRS 80 (I think that's what it was) I remember calling it the trash 80 in school. I wrote for the school newspaper and I did a lot of my articles on it--I was always being angry when I couldn't find them when it decided to eat them!


We got the interent in 1995--right after Stevie was born. HOW AWESOME WAS THAT? Then my obsession for my files could grow rampant--right there in the security of my own living room. Newsgroups and mailing lists?...check! Surfing web pages for new ideas and things for my files?...check! I filled disk after disk of stories, poems, activity ideas for YW, primary, RS, scouts and more. Family home evening packets GALORE! My two file cabinets exploded, my disk collection grew HUGE!


Which brings us back to now...now I don't have a floppy drive! Now I sit going through each disk one by one choose what to keep and discard. A disk a day is my goal...it will be a project for a LONG time I fear! It is amazing to me what people share on the internet! I love finding new things for my files. As we all know...you just rotate church callings--I keep everything because eventually I will be back there again *smile*


So one of each? Yes, even as I sit sorting through my disks, my papers, and my piles...I sat this morning surfing through websites and mailing lists, saving even more to my files and piles *sigh* It is a never-ending obsession LOL! But if you EVER need an idea--Feel free to give me a call--I probably have it in my files SOMEWHERE!

No comments: