Monday, January 5, 2009

Construction Happy Hoodlums!

Last year we moved 2 days after Christmas to Texas. Well, we were stuck in a motel and I got this brilliant idea we would make a gingerbread house with the kids IN the motel. I picked up a huge kit (Hey--buying it after Christmas made it CHEAP even) and promptly decided that was REALLY a stupid idea (mess+cramped motel+3 cranky kids and even crankier mom=BAD IDEA)! I put the kit out in the shed when we FINALLY got our house and forgot about it!

Fast forward to this year...we have no decorations...money it extremely tight...how can Heidi make a memory with the kids? Oh yeah! The gingerbread kit *smile* Yep, it was still there! (and ever mouse and insect free!) I told the kids we were going to make a gingerbread house...just don't eat the candy!

Kimmy was our "Master Builder" and deserves all the credit for how cute the house turned out! She really came up with some fun ideas and got the kids excited about making it (even if they couldn't eat the candy!) Anyways...enjoy the pics!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was sooo tempted to eat the candy! :)