Monday, January 12, 2009

I LOVE to Stamp...Now Why Don't I Do It More Often???

Have I mention how MUCH I LOVE to stamp??? I guess there is just a rush from that creative outlet! I love to see how things turn on paper that have been rolling around in my head! Anyways, one of my goals this year is to stamp at least once a week!

Each year for Christmas, I like to give my mom and Steven's mom a box of cards they can use throughout the year. Birthday, baby, wedding, etc. It gives me a reason to stamp...and they seem to like it Last year I stamped a grand tot
al of about 8 cards (okay 16--2 each of 8 designs). So...they did NOT get cards for Christmas. This year I am going to try harder!

I also am planning on trying to stamp cards to send to Iraq for Steven and his team to be able to use. They are in such a remote location...it is hard to get cards to send home to family--so I thought that would be a fun service project this year!

Anyways...I thought it might be fun to share my latest with family and friends! Kind of a "sneak peak" for the moms even! Today's big project was f
inally stamping some Christmas cards LOL I was sooooo sick over the month of December, I never got my cards finished for a card swap with some online friends! This is what they are getting in the mail this week :)


The card below is one I stamped up while Steven's sister was here visiting. I needed a baby card for my niece Julee's new cute baby! It's a fun card--the little duck is yellow flocking--so he is soft to the touch!


So those are the two most recent cards! If I haven't shared soon...remind me of my goal! I need all the encouragement I can get LOL! This is my fun "for me" project that always seems to get put on the back burner with all the other "need-to-do-jobs" that come up in life and I miss it when I don't get to be covered in glitter and glue!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cards! You have a unique creative talent. Press forward on your new goal! I'll be glad to send you some glitter & glue. You "might" think I have an ulterior motive. And I do. Ü
I love you!

love from one of the recipient moms!

Anonymous said...

ok I have been a little motivated this week. I did two cards on sunday and since I am not working much this week I might get another couple done. That little bit of time I spent with you has me somewhat rejuvenated. Are you joining me in some creative moments???? Don't let me have all the fun!