Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chocolate Ice Cream Fights

Yesterday, after a long day of homeschool I decided we need a spontaneous "Mom Misadventure" to pick up our spirits! The kids always are scared of those magical words--okay so maybe some of them have been very memorable (like the "Shakespeare in the Parking Lot" put on by the biker gang--how was I to know it would be a biker gang!) I loaded the kids up at 10 pm and took them to the grocery store. We bought foam pool noodles and a big carton of chocolate ice cream. I am sure the management team appreciated the spectacular "Star Wars" light sabre fights we had in the middle of the store--complete with sound effects! When we got home--the kids were ready for that ice cream! But--wait--what is this? Mom hands them their eating utensils--pancake turners, melon ballers, etc. AND we ate out of the carton! I think it was even more surprising when I reached in the carton part way through with my hand and proceeded to start a chocolate ice cream food fight in the middle of the dining room. I hope it brings them good memories down the road. Life is short--have an ice cream moment--kids wash and so do floors--but they will talk about their "Mom Misadventures" forever.





1 comment:

Jannie, Mom, Grams said...

Hi Heidi, thanks for sharing your blog. I love it when there are pictures. You did a great job.