
So....I was SUPPOSED to be having supper out tonight with my handsome husband (who has been away at NTC forever it seems--okay well only a little under a month--but it seems like forever!) He was SUPPOSED to fly in about six pm and we were SUPPOSED to go out for supper then he was SUPPOSED to take me shopping to buy a new dryer--mine quit about 2 weeks ago and I have BAGS of laundry all over my laundry room waiting to be washed. How come my life never works out like it SUPPOSED to?
This morning while I am anxiously waiting for time to go pick him up at the airport (you know...gotta look beautiful...house needs to be perfect...kids in clean clothes and teeth brushed type of preparation), I get THE phone call that he won't be home UGH!! The bus that was SUPPOSED to pick him up to take him to the airport never came! I know, I know...small consequence in the overall scheme of life--but he was SUPPOSED to be here tonight! Now he is in the endless wait game--he finally made it to the airport this evening, will be taking flights all night to get home and I have to pick him up at 8-something in the morning (have I mentioned that I am NOT a morning person???) How can I look beautiful and all the other fore-mentioned stuff at 8-something in the morning? Well, I could shoot for the teeth-brushed at least--but that might be it!
I felt so sorry for myself--I took the kids out for dinner. HEY--I was SUPPOSED to get supper out remember? LOL!! Maybe this way I get two meals out? The laundry will have to wait another day--I guess there are *some* benefits to this delay. Now I get to wait another day to go pick up Handsome though--not sure I can wait that long! I hope the night goes fast!
1 comment:
I am so sorry... I know this has been a long month with him gone and now waiting again... love ya.. dumb bus
glo
Post a Comment