Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Too Tired to Think!


I can't even think what to call this entry! I sat and stared at the computer for five minutes trying to up with a name! LOL!! This has been a busy day! I didn't realize how hard it is to get used to someone else in your bed--I kept waking up last night :) As nice as it is to have him home--boy am I tired! *grin* We had a busy day of homeschool--we're still trying to get caught up from our move to Texas with no internet--so we have been working through summer vacation. I think this is our 3rd summer vacation we've given up--every year we're moving or I was in the hospital and homeschool got behind *sigh* The kids are really good sports about it and I try to make it fun. Maybe next year we will get summer vacation since we won't be moving due to the deployment! If you have to look for a silver lining--I guess that could be it LOL!

I tried to get back into my selling on ebay today. I have taken a few weeks off while Steven was gone. I think we will never run out of stuff to sell--good grief we have collected WAY too much stuff over the years! No wonder it's such a big job for us to move! Too many years of great yard sales, thrift shops, auctions and good sales. Now we are trying to downsize before we retire and buy a house. Yikes! I did finally get about 5 items on ebay though. Maybe tomorrow I'll accomplish some more. I have to sell on ebay if I want to feed my stamping addiction--that's where I get the money to buy stamps. *grin* I try to convince myself--getting rid of several items--buying a smaller amount--but not sure I am getting ahead LOL!

We had a totally fun afternoon though! I have been wanting to make friends so much the past month. Now that I am working my way out of being so depressed from our unplanned move to Texas (I have my good days and my bad--but more good days than bad at least), I have been trying harder to make friends. I met the coolest person from church! And then she introduced me to another really fun person! Today they both came over and the kids all played on the water slide. (That has been the BEST investment!) It was fun just sitting and visiting with real people! I hope they come again soon :)

Steven took the kids to their church activities and just let me have down-time tonight--it has been wonderful! I get to make some popcorn and read my silly "trashy gossip magazines" that I love (I know--silly--but they are fun *smile* I don't even watch TV--so not sure what the allure is but I love them!) The house is quiet and life is good!

1 comment:

Kimberly Weatherston said...

I'm not a real person? *grins*