Sometimes in life we get the funniest blessings! On Missy's birthday while we were at Gamestop letting Missy pick a gameboy game, Steven and I were talking about possibly getting the kids a CURRENT game system for while he is deployed. First you have to understand--we have the OLD Nintendo--the very first one--the OLD NES Nintendo *smile* We just have never seen the need to upgrade--they had their gameboys and we had over 100 games for the old system--so what was the need? I have been trying to think of something that would be fun for them--to have a something to look forward to each month while Steven is deployed--when I thought about a new game system. Each month they could work together to decide on a game for the family--and then play it together. Hopefully it will make them come down out of their bedrooms where they hibernate when they're not in school! *grin*
Anyways...the NEXT day Steven and I went out to eat and then did a little shopping just for fun. We decided to go to the PX and just LOOK at what the prices and availability for the Wii would be. (I hear they are harder to find) We got to the PX just as they were taping up their ONLY Wii available. They had JUST finished testing it--it was a return that the game that came with it was not working--but the system was fine. They marked it down to $200 (and then I had a PX coupon for $25 off that too!) So I got the whole thing about $75 less! And Nintendo replaced the game for us when we called them even!
We brought it home and set it on the bench of our table. I had stopped at a yard sale and bought Stevie a bag of Beyblades. He came in and never noticed the Wii. Then I was tossing the Beyblades over where the Wii was--still no comprehension. Finally, Steven set the last Beyblade ON THE Wii!! Yes! We have visual contact and an in-shock young man! He had almost hit his head on the Wii several times trying to get the Beyblades *chuckle*
We hooked the Wii up and let the kids test it to make sure it worked (we had picked up a game to go with it--since the other one didn't work) and then, horrible-mother-that-I-am, had Steven disconnect it and put it away for awhile. I had said I would think about buying one in the September/October time frame--and that's when we'll open it up again! I want them to go through the old system and decide on their favorites--which we'll put in Stevie's room and sell the rest to help pay for this Wii I hadn't budgeted for but was too good of a deal to miss! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment