Sunday, November 9, 2008

Abstract Art??? What is This??

My hubby will know what this is *grin* I tend to do it about once every six months or so LOL!! One of my FAVORITE things in the world to do is work on my files...I have been collecting fun stuff since I was little! My mom has pictures of me when I was about 4 teaching "school" to all my stuffed animals! I love to make family home evening kits, flannel board stories, file folder games, and LOTS more! It is one of my "happy places" and since I am searching for those right now...I decided it was time to pull out my monster box of markers and start coloring again! I honestly haven't worked on them in the past two years--we were so busy while he was deployed last year...and then this year I just wanted to spend every second with him. I decided that I would go through and TEST all my markers tonight...this is just one pages of testing! Now I have MANY less markers...but still enough to fill a rubbermaid keeper LOL! So from the above picture...and all those fun colors...I end up with the below picture *grin* (Well, at least pictures that will look like these--I have to go make copies of new fun stuff to color--these are some older ones I already did!)


I know...I know...I am weird...my family tells me this repeatedly *sigh* I have been toying with an idea to invite people over to make FHE kits...I have SO many stored up in my files. Maybe just print off a copy and we could sit and visit while the kids play on the playground outside my house. I have a hard time just visiting...but if my hands have something to do...I do better--my ADD brain at work! It's an idea anyways...I'll have to think more on it *grin*

2 comments:

Dana said...

You are so cool. I can't color... I get distracted!

Jess said...

Can I be in your FHE kit group? :) I was just talking to a girl in my ward yesterday about starting a group to make FHE kits. Can't wait until you live closer! ;) Love ya!