I know...I know...I am still catching up! We took the kids out to stay in the cabins at BLORA the weekend before Steven left for Iraq. He wasn't scheduled to leave until November 15th when we made the reservation--but the Army changed things and it ended up being our last weekend together. I am glad it worked out that way...if we had been home, life would have interrupted...there would be last minute jobs, people to see and talk to, and just the normal chores of daily life. As it was, we spent 3 fun days just BEING WITH ONE ANOTHER...no conflicts...no interruptions...It was WONDERFUL! I will be posting more fun pics later of the rest of the weekend, but I wanted to share our fun Halloween at the lake first!
Halloween is normally a HUGE holiday at our house! My dad teases me about the "orange landing lights" for the airplanes at our house. This year however, I just couldn't get in the spirit of Halloween--so going away to the lake seemed perfect! We took a few of our favorite decorations with us and some costumes. Since trick-or-treating wasn't an option, Steven and I put together these cute little goodie bags full of candy and attached light sticks to them. There were about 50 of them we hid all around our cabin area--and then the kids hunted for them in the dark--kind of like an Easter egg hunt. THEY LOVED IT!! (I see a new family tradition coming *sigh*)


Here is Stevie the Knight with his treasure haul!

This is Austin--our HUGE inflatable bat. I am sure our neighbors at the lake thought we were STRANGE!! We left him up all weekend!

What to do with ALL that candy? What else?? Makes S'Mores! The kids wanted S'Mores while camping so we had brought all the necessary items...graham crackers...marshmallows...candy bars...hmmmmmmmm....wait...what if we used all the trick-or-treat candy instead of plain chocolate??

Yep, S'Mores made with Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, 3 Muskateers, Twix and all the other sugary sweets they could find. They were SO RICH...since I had already splurged and bought chocolate marshmallows. Blech...Mom was done after ONE S'More but the rest of the party kept on roasting!

It was a fun night! We watched halloween movies, at lots of junk food, had a treasure hunt, laughed a lot and most importantly...just spent time together enjoying each others company! I love to be with my family! I will be glad when we can all be together again!
1 comment:
So fun! Stevie told me about the creative s'more's!!! I'm not sure I could handle that much junk...lol
Post a Comment