I forgot that I was supposed to share how the Visiting Teaching Survival Kits turned out! I got so busy prepping the Enrichment class that it slipped my mind LOL! The title "From Chaos to Cutesy" is just TOO true with anything I do. I ended up having my table COVERED in stuff! By the time you have 40 each of 19 items all over the table...it is definately CHAOS!!
After the bags were packed and ready to go...it was time to add some cutesy flowers to the labels! I LOVE stamping!!
Here are the bags waiting for their labels...
And here is the finished product! I hope everyone liked them! So just a reminder...DO YOUR VISITING TEACHING *smile*
Here is the list of what is in the bag:
Visiting Teaching Survival Kit
Visiting Teaching Survival Kit
2 Pennies: To give you the “cents” to realize how valuable you are.
Marker Pen: To thank you for having a lasting impression on the sisters you visit.
Toothpick: To remind you to pick out the good qualities of everyone—including yourself!
A Hug and a Kiss: To remind you that someone cares about YOU!
Kleenex: To remind you to dry someone’s tears (or perhaps your own) as you see the concerns of others.
Button: To remind you to “button your lips” against gossip or backbiting or talking when it is not appropriate.
Band-Aid: To remind you of healing hurt feelings, either yours or someone else.
Eraser: To remind you that everyone makes mistakes and there is forgiveness for everyone.
Lifesaver Candy: To remind you to think of Jesus Christ as your “lifesaver”. Whenever you need to talk, He is willing to listen.
Mint: To remind you that you are worth a mint to your sisters. As we fellowship with one another, we value one another in Christ.
Rock: To remind you of the stability of your friendship
Candle: A reminder to share your light with others.
Happy Face: Smiling increases face value and is contagious!
Bubble Gun: A reminder that friends stick together through good times and bad.
A Picture of Christ: To remind you to “find the lost sheep and help them feel our Savior’s love.”
Cotton Ball: To cushion the rough roads, a symbol of support from family and friends!
A String: To tie things together when life falls apart.
Rubber-band: A reminder that friends have to be flexible.
Puzzle Piece: Without you…things would not be complete!
2 comments:
They turned out very nice. Thank you for making them! After I read it and Abby has had the bag for the past two days. I think she loves to find the treasures that are in it. I was woundering where you found the mini Jesus pictures. I was thinking of putting them in christmas ornamnets and handing the out for christmas.
Thank you so much for the goody bags! I think you're just so creative! My son loved the idea...he said, is that like a scavanger hunt bag? LOL
Post a Comment