Sunday, November 2, 2008

Have I Mentioned How Hard This Is???

I really thought we would be done at this point...We hit twenty years in the military in about 12 days *sigh* Last year while he was in Korea...I got through yet ANOTHER deployment by planning and dreaming about our life when he got home...and this was NOT in the plans!!

This week Steven packed all of his gear to go--he was chosen to be with the advance team--so he gets to leave earlier than most of the people (lucky us...NOT!!)









I guess the one good thing is that we got a text message this weekend while at the lake that his flight has been delayed two days...48 more hours to spend with my handsome. In some ways it is hard...I just want it to start so that we can begin the countdown...but yet, it is ripping my heart out to see him leave.

A good friend of ours in Maryland once told us that our family was like a puzzle--when one piece was missing--it was not complete. We work SO well together in whatever we do. When Steven was busy with Cub Scouts--the whole family chipped in to run Pack Meetings or other events. Same thing when he was Young Men's president. When I was busy with AFTB, FRG, ESC, Santa's Castle or church jobs--Steven and the kids were right there helping me. We spent MANY hours working/laughing/crying together through MANY projects. When he is missing...a big piece of our life is not there. I will miss him...oh how I will miss him!! He is my best friend.




2 comments:

TheAlbrechtSquad said...

(((((HUGS))))) Sometimes the anticipation is worse then the deployment. I'm up the road, let's grab lunch soon...

Sister Snoopy said...

Praying for you.

{{{{{hugs}}}}}